Monday, October 10, 2016

The Lord is My Light Cards by Christine


Of all the new stamp releases, I think "The Lord is My Light" is my favorite!  There is just something about sunshine and light that lifts your spirits and makes you smile.  Christine joining you today and I have two cards for you using this set!


The set comes with several phrases as well as sunshine icons to accompany.  I created a background using orange and yellow ink with the various sunshines.


This verse is all one piece in the set  I love the mixture of fonts to make it visually interesting!  I stamped it and then mounted it on patterned paper.  I used some yellow gelatos to ink up the background and then added my cross and verse on top.


I used a similar background for my second card but didn't fill the whole thing with stamping.  Instead I left room for my sentiment!


After stamping my sentiment I used the yellow gelato again but with a softer touch than my previous card.  I also decided to add in some brown crosses to break up the orange and yellow a little.  The cross came from the Trust in the Lord set.

Do you have a stamp set that you are just loving?  Share your projects with us on Facebook and Flickr! We love to see your creations!




No comments: