Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Fall Bible Journaling by Samantha


Hello. Samantha up today with some fall Bible journaling. I don't know about you, but I don't usually get my ideas for journaling from one place. Sometimes it's from that week's sermon, sometimes it's a Bible study, sometimes it's just a verse that pops into my mind...for this entry I took my inspiration from the fall season and the changing leaves around me. 


I started by literally highlighting the verse I was doing my journaling about with an orange Marvy watercolor pencil. Then, I started building my background by dotting my Bible page all over with fall colored pencils. 


I started by dotting the entire printed text area with an orange pencil, then I followed up with a yellow pencil, next I filled in more of the white space with a red pencil, and finally I finished up with a brown pencil. It did take a bit of time to do, but I love the overall look. The colors blend and look almost like a bunch of fall leaves all over my page. 


I used the same orange watercolor pencil to color the journaling edge of my Bible. The I used a mix of the Shine Your Light Sentiment stickers and my own journailing with a Marvy Black Color In marker to add parts of the verse to the margin. 



A little fall Bible journaling about thanks and praise completed. Do you ever take your cues from nature or the seasons when Bible journaling?

No comments: