Thursday, October 20, 2016

Birthday Wishes by Amber



Hello everyone! It's Amber here, today I thought it would be fun to share this Birthday watercolor card set I created for a friend. 


I started by gathering all my supplies, cardstock, watercolor paper, stamps, stickers, watercolor pencils, embossing folder, thread, and sewing machine and started assembling my cards. I created four cards in total using the same layout for each one to save time.

I started with a plain white card base and adhered a pink piece of distressed, embossed, and stitched cardstock right to the center of my card front. For the focal point of my card I stamped this beautiful floral postage stamp from Penny Black that I've had setting in my collection waiting to be used for some time now onto some Ranger Distress Watercolor Cardstock. I cut the image out, distressed the edges and quickly water colored the entire image with some Marvy Watercolor pencil and a water brush. After my stamped image dried I adhered to my card front with some foam adhesive and attached my sentiment. I used the Birthday Wishes sticker from SRM's Fancy Sentiment/Birthday sheet and adhered it to the bottom left to complete my card front.


I thought it would be fun to dress up the envelopes included in my card set so I stamped all four of them to match my cards. I stamped each one with the fun border stamp and large Hello sentiment from SRM's Big Hello Clear Stamp in some lime green ink. 


Once I had all my cards assembled I put together a clear A2 Card Box from the SRM Stickers shop, filled it with some white tissue paper, and added all four of my cards and matching envelopes. For the outside of my clear container I used some burlap ribbon, lime green ribbon, and a matching tag. I used the same watercolor cardstock, stamp, and sentiment sticker that I used for my cards to create my gift tag. I hope you enjoyed my card set today. Thanks for visiting!

SRM Stickers Supplies
Burlap Ribbon

No comments: