Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Lord is Kind & Merciful Bible Journaling by Samantha



Hello! Samantha with you today to share what I've been doodling in my Bible lately. This week I have a page I did from Psalms. Here's my The Lord is Kind and Merciful Bible journaling. 

You'll only need a few supplies for this page:

The Lord Is Kind and Merciful Stamp Set
Color In Watercolor Pencils
Reminisce White Gel Pen 

Waterproof Black Ink
Light Blue Ink 


I started by blending a little light blue ink over the entire page. I intentionally left the color uneven and not blended well. I like the faded look it gives the background of the page.  Next I stamped my words on with waterproof black ink. I did cut apart some of my stamps. For example, "the LORD is" is one stamp. I cut the words apart so I could stack them up instead of using them in a line. Just make sure you use a strong, sharp scissors to cut them apart if you choose to do so.  

Next, I used my watercolor pencils to doodle some vines on my page and color in some of my stamped words. You guys, I have no artistic talent. I'm crafty, but I can barley draw stick people, so believe me when I tell you, doodling these vines is really, really easy.   
I finished up by using the white gel pen to add some buds dots to my vines and color in a few of my stamped words. The white gel pen helps brighten up the page a bit and makes the stamped words pop a bit more.  


The Lord is Kind and Merciful Bible journaling is a nice way to try your hand at drawing in your Bible if you're a bit hesitant about your drawing skills. It's also a fun way to combine stamping and drawing in your Bible journaling.  

No comments: