Thursday, May 18, 2017

Oh Happy Day! by Amber


Hello everyone! It's Amber here, today I have a fun Summer themed card and gift bag to share


. Summer is officially here in Arizona. I have enjoyed the warmer weather these last few weeks but this weeks forecast is hot and I mean really HOT. For those of you still experiencing a cooler forecast this week or even snow I hope my little card warms you up.


I started with A2 sized light pink card base and die cut a slightly smaller piece of colorful patterned paper with a pierced rectangle die for my background. I adhered the patterned paper to my pink cardbase and moved on to stamping. I stamped one of the adorable little penguins fonto some watercolored paper that I die cut with a smaller pierced rectangle die and watercolored him with some watercolor pencils.

Once I had my penguin image and background watercolored I let it dry before adding one of the "Oh, Happy Day!" sentiment stickers from the Stickers By The Dozen/Birthday Birdie sticker sheet below my image. 


The last few projects I have shared have featured a matching gift bag or box so today I thought I would create one to go along with my card as well. I filled one of the 4.75" x 6.75" Embossed Chevron Glassine Bags with some candy and then folded the top of the bag over and decorated the outside to match my card. I added two little banners to my gift bag with a mini black close pin and added a little "Many Thanks" sentiment sticker to a scalloped circle I die cut out of white cardsotck and watercolred. 


I hope you enjoyed my project. Thanks for visiting!

SRM Sticker Supplies
Black Jute Twine

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

Super adorable!