Thursday, May 19, 2016

Personalized Notebooks with SRM Vinyl by Juliana


Hello SRM Stickers Fans! It's Juliana with you here today to share how to alter simple notebooks with SRM Stickers fabulous adhesive vinyl.


 I started with two simple notebooks from a local crafts store, Yes, they were cute in their original state, but they really called to me for a little color. That's were SRM's new patterned vinyl came into play! I began by selecting two colors for each notebook and with my niece's favorite colors in mind.


Next, I cut the patterned vinyl to just slightly larger than the size of the notebook. I peeled of the backing paper and slowly adhered the vinyl to the book. I recommend peeling off the backing paper as you go so that you avoid getting bubbles in the vinyl. However, if you do get a bubble, use a straight pin to poke the bubble and remove the air. Gently rub your finger over it and the hole that you poked with disappear. How's that for a fun little tip?!


I used the solid vinyl and cut strip  of it to cover the binding.  To add the initial, I cut the letter using my Silhouette Cameo and adhered it to the front cover using Transfer Tape.


The final decorative touch was a little tassel bookmark I created using twine in the following colors: Solid Twine in Marigold and Blossom and Baker's Twine in Lilac and Ocean. And of course they match perfectly with some pens from the Le Pen's Bright Set. I just love how the SRM Stickers vinyl added new life and loads of color to these simple little notebooks. Now I know my niece's are going to love them!



No comments: