Friday, December 29, 2017

Peace on Earth by Jennifer


Hi everyone! Jenn here with a Bible journaling page that I completed to finish up the final week of Advent. This month I have been so enjoying my weekly advent studies. Here is just a little peek into what I have been learning.

In my weekly Advent study the 4th week is based around peace. I started by first sketching out my lettering and doodles with a pencil then I went back in with my black permanent fine tipped pen. Once I was satisfied with everything drawn I erased all the stray pencil lines, as those are super tough to erase after you watercolor...believe me I know from experience. I love using the water color pencils to precisely fill in the doodles

and then going back over all the color with a water brush. The vibrancy of the pencils is terrific! Any areas that need a little more color you can always touch your water brush to the tip of the pencil and pick up color and place it where needed. I love this technique and use it often just like if you had a pan of watercolor paint.

 Once the watercoloring has completely dried I go back over the line work a few times to make sketchy, imperfect lines....totally unnecessary, just my favorite style.

For the final touch I add little bits of white gel pen for highlights and to give the image more life.

Luke 2:14 "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests!" Wow this verse is so full of hope, and joy! One of the very few times an exclamation point is used...so you know it has a lot of emotion behind those words. The angels appeared to the lowest of all society, the shepherds and told them the best news ever. A Savior had been born to bring joy and peace. So this has me thinking ...what is peace? Peace is learning to trust God even in the midst of chaos. Peace is having confidence in God who loved me so much he was willing to send his son to earth as a helpless baby. Peace is saying no to the world and yes to God. That is the kind of peace that I need in my life during the chaos of Christmas and all year long. I hope and pray you hold on to this peace as we move into the new year.

SRM Supplies Used:

No comments: