Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Sing to the Lord Bible Journaling by Samantha



Hello! Samantha here today with you to share my Sing to the Lord Bible journaling inspired by one of the songs we sing as part of our liturgy at my church. 

I chose my colors based on Bible Journaling I had already done on the opposite page. While the journaling stands alone, I wanted it not to clash with the other page. To achieve this, I kept the color scheme the same.  


I started by sponging blue, orange, and green ink onto my page. I didn't blend my ink very much, because I didn't want my colors to get muddy. 


Next, I used the Sing & Rejoice Stamp Set border to add a music note background and "Sing to the Lord" to my page. I used waterproof ink to keep the ink from bleeding or smearing if the page is handled a lot. 


Next, I added a bit more depth to my stamping by tracing some of the letters with a Reminisce White Gel Pen. I have owned many white gel pens, and this one is by far my favorite. It goes on smooth, doesn't skip, and shows up well on dark colors. 


Finally, I highlighted the Bible verses that were the focus of my journaling with Marvy Color In Watercolor Pencils.   


I love that this stamp set lets me do some "musical" Bible journaling. Come! Let us sing to the LORD!

No comments: