Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Anniversary Card by Shelly


Welcome for more fun in introducing our new design team members and sharing some of their craftiness.  Today we welcome Shelly Kurth who was on the SRM Design Team a few years ago.  I've always been a fan of and inspired by Shelly's clean and simple style and am so excited to have her on the team once again.  


Here is a bit about Shelly in her own words: 

Hi! Greetings from sunny Florida! I'm a mother to my four beautiful yet silly kids, as well as a wife to my husband. I started scrapbooking way back in 2003 or 2004...it was a long time ago. ;)  Shortly after I started scrapbooking, I realized that my true passion was in making cards. From that point on I've been hooked! I also love to make sweet little gifts, too! My style is typically clean and simple. However, sometimes I will mix things up a bit and try something new and different. I'm beyond excited to be joining the SRM Design Team and I hope y'all enjoy everything that I share with you! Thank you for having me! :) 

Hey y'all! Shelly, here! 
Today I'm swinging on in to share an anniversary card with you. 

When I was thinking of how to use SRM's calendar stickers, I thought of memorable dates. I had two that stood out most to me, which was my wedding anniversary and my home anniversary. I decided to go with my wedding anniversary.


I started with choosing my patterned papers. I tried my best to stick with more of masculine papers. ;) Once having my papers chosen, I then started piecing things together, though not adhering anything yet. After looking at things, I thought my card needed a little more 'pop' to it, so I added a strip of black cardstock. I also I added a little bit of twine and mini staple to my '2017' banner. After, I placed things on my card. Though before adhering anything, I added a flower sticker on my card base, just to peek out from under the calendar sticker on top. To finish things off, I added a little glitter gold enamel heart to our 'date'.  I'd love to hear what you think?!...Perhaps, I've inspired you to get an early start on your anniversary card, too?! :) 

SRM products used:

Thanks so much for stopping by! 


4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a sweet Anniversary card Shelly!

Becca Cruger said...

Congrats on the new gig, Shelly! Aww this is is just tooooo sweet. Love the little sparkly heart sticker. Gorgeous detailing!

Virginia L. said...

Well done, Shelly! Your take with the SRM calendar is delightful and inspiring! Congrats on your 1st DT post!

Annette Allen said...

congrats Shelly.. this card is awesome.. I love how you used the calendar month sticker.. :)