Monday, October 19, 2015

Altered Clipboard with SRM Patterned Vinyl by Juliana


Hello SRM Friends! It's Juliana here today to share a fun project that I created by taking an ordinary clipboard and transforming it with SRM Stickers Vinyl.  I was recently out shopping and the back to school supplies caught my eye. As I was strolling the isles, I came across some plain clipboards and thought they would be fun to alter with the new SRM Patterned Vinyl.


To alter the clipboard, I began by painting it with the Easy Chalkboard Marker. While the paint was drying, I cut a piece of the new 12x12 Patterned Vinyl in Black Dots to cover the front of the clipboard.


Gold foil is all the rage right now, so I thought it would be fun to dress up the clipboard even more by adding a quote using the Glossy Gold Vinyl.  I selected a quote and then designed a digital die cut file and cut it out using my Silhouette Cameo. I even cut the bow out of the gold vinyl!

You can download the digital cut file quote that I created for free by clicking on this link:  Believe You Can Digital Cut File
Enjoy!


If you take a closer look at the clipboard, you might also notice that the clip on the board is gold. I covered the front of the clip with a piece of gold vinyl and then trimmed off the excess. I used a Gold Krylon Pen to color the rest of the hard to reach parts of the clip gold. 

This was such a fun project to create and I think it would make a great gift idea or home decor piece. With all the fabulous colors of SRM Vinyl available you can customize it for just about anyone or anything! What will you create and share with us using SRM Vinyl? We can't wait to see it!

HUGS!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

This is so awesome!! Love!