Friday, November 21, 2014

Mixed Media Tags & Video by Shery


Hello, SRM friends! Shery here to share mixed media tags and a video using some of my favorite SRM Stickers products. If I were to pick my absolute favorite from all the stickers by SRM, I'd say it's the Sticker Stitches! I simply love them because they can add so much interest to any project. The Sticker Sentiments are fabulous, as are the Punched Pieces.


I created my tags from one sheet of 9" by 12" watercolor paper, which I cut in 8 equal parts, so each tag measures 3" by 4.5". I used different media (Gelatos, watercolor brush pens, Inktense blocks, Twinkling H2Os, gesso, and modeling paste) plus stamps, inks, and stencils.

SRM Stickers Blog - Mixed Media Tags & Video by Shery - #fall #tags #mixed media, #stickers #punched pieces #thank you,

For my first set of tags, I used Gelatos over some whipped spackle. I stamped some leaves to create a subtle background then used the Black Sticker Stitches. Then I applied modeling paste over a chickenwire stencil and gave it some shimmer with autumn butternut Twinkling H2Os. I sponged vintage photo Distress ink on large yellow Punched Piece and medium white Punched Piece punch pieces, layered them, and used the sentiments from the Sticker Sentiments/Thank You sheet.

SRM Stickers Blog - Mixed Media Tags & Video by Shery - #fall #tags #mixed media, #stickers #punched pieces #thank you,

I did the background for this second set of tags the same way I did the first set, only this time I used Inktense blocks. I sponged vintage photo Distress ink on large yellow and orange punched pieces, layered them, and used the sentiments from the Sticker Sentiments/Fall sheet.

SRM Stickers Blog - Mixed Media Tags & Video by Shery - #fall #tags #mixed media, #stickers #punched pieces #thank you,


For my last set of tags, I used watercolor brush pens for the background. I wanted these two tags to be completely flat so I picked two of the bold sentiments from the Sticker Sentiments/Thank You sheet and stuck them directly onto the tags.

SRM Stickers Blog - Mixed Media Tags & Video by Shery - #fall #tags #mixed media, #stickers #punched pieces #thank you,

 I have a video showing how I made the tags from start to finish and I hope you enjoy it! I made these tags assembly line style so they made for quick work :o) Thanks so much for letting me share my project with you today! Hope they inspire you to use SRM Stickers -- they're awesome for mixed media!  View the video HERE!

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

ABsolutely gorgeous...super love the vivid colors!

Virginia L. said...

What a BEAUTIFUL sight! The colors are amazing! Love your tags, Shery!!

Shery Russ said...

Thank you, Amy and Virginia! :o)