Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Inspirational Cards in a Box by Tessa


Hi!  It's Tessa Wise with you today!  Recently I created a set of cards to give as a gift to our choir director at church.  She's such a nice lady and I thought a package full of inspirational cards using the Shine Your Light Sticker Sentiment sheet would be perfect for her!

Here are the cards all bundled up in the A-2 Clear Box.  I fit 6 cards and matching envelopes in here perfectly.  It's been decorated with a few things I had left over from the cards.  The patterned papers and stamps are by Lawn Fawn.  The white doilysticker stitchessentiment sticker, and Pink Sorbet twine are all from SRM Press.

SRM Stickers - Inspirational Cards in a Box by Tessa - #cards #gift #A2 #twine #stickers #doilies

Here is a look at the cards I put inside:

SRM Stickers - Inspirational Cards in a Box by Tessa - #cards #gift #A2 #twine #stickers #doilies

I started with a yellow card base and embossed it with a large polka-dot embossing folder.  I splattered it with a bit of yellow mist and let it dry.  Next, I added a black sticker stitch from the Valentines Sticker Stitches sheet across the left side of the card.  I added a banner of pink and white polka-dotted paper next.  The sentiment sticker was added to a white diecut tag.  I adhered that to the card base at an angle and then added a strip of striped patterned paper and some diecut hearts.  I finished off the look with a few sequins for some sparkle.

SRM Stickers - Inspirational Cards in a Box by Tessa - #cards #gift #A2 #twine #stickers #doilies

For my second card, I stamped and fussy cut out the sun and clouds.  I added them to a blue card base, popping out some of the clouds for a bit of dimension.  I added a few sequins as well- they really sparkle in the light!  Next I added a strip of the patterned paper to the bottom edge of the card.  I added a white sticker stitch just above it and tied a bit of Pink Sorbet solid twine over the top.  I added the sentiment sticker last to finish off the card.

SRM Stickers - Inspirational Cards in a Box by Tessa - #cards #gift #A2 #twine #stickers #doilies

This card was a quick one.  I started with a white card base and added the pink striped paper to the bottom edge.  I added the sentiment sticker next, lining it up with the edge of the pink paper.  Next, I stamped the adorable hedgehogs and hearts and colored them in with my Prismacolor colored pencils.  I added just a bit of glitter to the hearts and the Caribbean solid twine to finish off the look.

SRM Stickers - Inspirational Cards in a Box by Tessa - #cards #gift #A2 #twine #stickers #doilies

I started this card by stamping and cutting out the rainbow and clouds.  I cut a white panel to fit the middle of my card and matted it with gray cardstock.  I splattered a little pearl mist over it and then adhered my rainbow.  I added a strip of the happy day patterned paper to the bottom and a strip of the blue stripes just above it.  I added just a bit of a black sticker stitches over the top of it too.  Next, I stuck the sentiment sticker on to white cardstock and cut around the label shape.  I adhered it to the panel with foam adhesive and then added a few sequins for accent.  Finally, I added the panel to the middle of a yellow embossed card base.

SRM Stickers - Inspirational Cards in a Box by Tessa - #cards #gift #A2 #twine #stickers #doilies

This one might be my favorite!  :)  I started with a white card base embossed with large polka-dots.  I diecut the banner out of pink striped paper and tied some Stone solid twine around the top.  I added it to the middle of the card base.  I stuck my oval sentiment sticker to some white cardstock.  I stamped the bunnies on either side so it looked like they were holding it between them.  I colored them with my colored pencils and then fussy cut around the entire image.  I added it to the card with foam adhesive so it popped up a bit.

SRM Stickers - Inspirational Cards in a Box by Tessa - #cards #gift #A2 #twine #stickers #doilies

I wanted to use this pretty sentiment on my last card.  I started with a blue card base and spattered over it with blue mist.  I added the sentiment sticker next and then the white doily that had been folded in half.  I added a strip of yellow patterned paper next and the pink sticker stitches just over that.  I finished everything off with a healthy dose of sequins.

Here is a look at the whole bunch together.  These were so fun to make!

SRM Stickers - Inspirational Cards in a Box by Tessa - #cards #gift #A2 #twine #stickers #doilies

I'm sure my friend will love these cards!  Have you ever made a set of cards for a gift?  If it's on your list of things to do this holiday season or any time for that matter, don't forget SRM's A-2 Clear Card Box.  It's perfect for packaging up your handmade cards.

Don't forget to hop on over to Paper Issues where you can join the SRM Linky Party fun!

3 comments:

creative lady said...

Tessa these are beautiful!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet card set! I love these stickers, wonderful sentiments and Tessa paired them with the cutest images!

Virginia L. said...

These are super awesome!! ADORE them all, Tessa!