Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Mustache You to be my Valentine by Shantaie


Hello!  Shantaie joining you today with some Valentine treats! 
I know it's cliche' to say "I love Valentines day" but it's one of my favorite celebrations!  My girls are far beyond classmate Valentines, so I like to make little gifts for my staff to hand out as a sweet little reminder that I appreciate them.


Most of my team are college students, so I can really have fun with the style of Valentines. I think these could work for almost anyone! My focus was on a little treat using the tubes to fill with candy. For the holder I used this cut from silhouette enlarged to fill the 12x12 cutting mat. I used the base only, and added patterned paper and round prints to embellish. 


I layered onto white punched pieces with foam tape, I also added hearts from the stickers by the dozen Valentine onto white cardstock and placed in the center of the printed circles. Tp top that off I added a bit of we've got your border sentiment to a skinny strip and adhered it in the center of the heart


For the mustache version I used the sentiment from that same stickers by the dozen valentine.  I used for the hearts on the sweetheart version. To add a bit of fun a die cut mustache is popped with foam tape and would be cute with a spring wobbler too! 


I love using tubes to make favors, give treats and even to store my crafty supplies! I have used them for years and each time I give one as a gift I am always thrilled at the excited reaction to them. 


Seeing someone smile is (to me) the best part of giving a Valentine! 
XOXO 

No comments: