Thursday, July 20, 2017

CAS Card Set by Melanie


Hello! Melanie here today to share a Clean-and-Simple (CAS) card set that I put together.


For this project, I challenged myself to using: 10 sheets of cardstock, 2 sheets of SRM stickers, and a variety of die-cuts and ribbon in my stash bowl.



Knowing that the majority of these cards would be used for mailing purposes, I kept them (mostly) flat. To add texture, I using embossing templates with my die cutting machine. 

I kept the designs fairly similar to keep the process streamlined. The first step was to cut the mats and layering pieces for each card. Then I ran the top layering pieces through the embossing. Next, I matched up the stickers, die-cuts, and ribbons. After adhering the pieces together for each card, I snapped this photo to show the simple and similar designs:



Then I adhered the card faces to the card bases and am so thrilled to have 20 cards ready to go! Here are a few of them close up:





My mom has a birthday this month. She loves getting handmade cards as a gift (she writes several letters and notes each month). I tucked a set of cards into one of the SRM white glassine bags, along with envelopes, stamps, and a writing pen. Then I decorated the bag a bit for fun.




Working this way was a good process for me. I could work in steps and bits of time here or there. Clean and Simple works really well for me :) Enjoy your day!

SRM Products Used:
Sticker Stitches
Sentiment/Thinking of You
Glassine Bags
Gold Doily

No comments: