Monday, February 8, 2016

Watercolored Coffee Cups Card by Juliana


Hi everyone! Juliana here with you today to share a card I created using the new Jane's Doodles Coffee Time stamp set. I love my coffee and so I immediately fell in love with these stamps! I love the variety of mugs and cups, along with the cute coffee sentiments, that make up this set!


To create my card, I randomly stamped the coffee cup onto a piece of watercolor paper with Versamark Watermark Ink Pad. Next, I sprinkled the images with white embossing powder and then heat set them with a heat gun.  To color in the coffee cups, I used a variety of Ranger Distress Inks and treated them like watercolors. I stamped them onto a craft mat and added a little water before coloring in the coffee cups with a small tipped paint brush.  The thing I love about embossing stamped images is how it helps hold the watercolor in place so you don't have to worry about it spreading outside of the design.


I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of cardstock and then cut it into a little flag shape. The final touch was the addition of a little wood veneer heart and a piece of twine.  Now it's your turn to start stamping and watercoloring. We look forward to seeing what create and share with us!

HUGS! 

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh, I love this!

Dara Lynn said...

absolutely adorable! Love the color combo with the distress inks :)

Drive By Crafts said...

such a cute card.. love the watercolor background..