Friday, May 25, 2018

Origami Dress Card by Emma


Hello again, SRM friends!  It's Emma here to share a fun and easy card that I made for Mother's Day, or any other special woman in your life.  You can tweak the sentiment and make it into any kind of card you like  So fun!


 SRM has these beautiful patterened paper gift bags, in many different designs.  I thought it would be fun to use the paper bags to make a folded origami dress for my card.


I used this template, and traced my dress outline on one of the lovely pink striped paper bags.  (You can download the PDF template HERE).


Once the design was traced, I then cut the pieces out, and folded the pleats of the dress.Next, for the card background.  I used a white paper doily, and gently highlighted the texture with some pink ink.


To finish the card, I adhered the dress pieces to the doily, and stamped a Mother's Day sentiment.  But you could do a birthday sentiment and that would work too!


So there you have it, a really easy card, and an alternative use for the lovely paper bags available from SRM.  You could even use one of these bags as your envelope!


I hope you've enjoyed my project!  What will you create with SRM's patterned paper bags?
Happy crafting!
~~ Emma ~~

Supply list:

Patterned Paper Bags - SRM Stickers
White Paper Doily - SRM Stickers 
Ivory Card Base