Thursday, May 3, 2018

Grad Card Season by Shanna



Hi SRM family!  Shanna here today to show you a couple creative cards to celebrate that special graduate in your life!  My oldest is about to finish her junior year in high school...so NO graduating this year (this mama can't even!) but she does have a few good friends who will be graduating.  I took the opportunity to create a couple cards utilizing her school colors, black and purple, but they could be easily modified to whatever color scheme needed. 



 I discovered I don't own many graduation stamps, but I really wanted to stamp on these cards. So I sifted through my SRM stamps and came across my Birthday Plans set...BINGO!  This set worked perfectly to create some backgrounds to die cut out for my cards!  I first stamped out "panels" of the images I intended to die cut, and then ran them through the big shot with my die of choice.  I grabbed my Take 2 Stickers by the dozen/Graduation stickers for my medallion sentiments and my cards were complete!
 I used the celebrate border stamp, hooray, and the balloon icon to make a total of 3 panels.


Take a look and let me know what you think!



 

I really wanted a bolder splash of color, so I chose to watercolor the balloons purple with my watercolor twist pencils.  Easy peasy and just what I had envisioned!
Supplies used:
Miscellaneous purple twine
Versafine Black ink

Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time,



No comments: