Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Reckless Love by Jenn


Hello lovelies, Jenn here! February is a month where we focus on love...the love we have for one another and the love our heavenly Father has for us. I was recently listening to a beautiful worship song called "Reckless Love" and the words sunk deep into my heart, and I knew instantly I needed to document this in my journaling Bible.

I used a new to me technique using paper heart doilies, and gelatos. I used a little washi tape to help hold the doilie in place while I used my finger to rub the gelato color into the paper and over the grooves of the doilie. I will warn you be super careful with how hard you rub the doilie I rubbed a little too hard and tore mine. To make the gelato a little more permanent and a little less likely to move around the page I spritzed it with water and left it to dry. I love the subtle look of the texture on the background of the page. I pulled out my Daily Devotion bible journaling stamps and stamped a few words and added a few simple wordfetti stickers. I wanted a few more visiable hearts on the page ...I used the Stickers by the dozen Valentine hearts and a strip of the I love you phrase under my marked verse.




Luke15:4-7 MSG "Suppose one of you had a hundred sheep and lost one. Wouldn't you leave the ninety-nee in the wilderness and go after the lost one until you found it? When found, you can be sure you would put it across you shoulders, rejoicing, and when you got home call in your friends and neighbors, saying, 'Celebrate with me! I've found my lost sheep!' Count on it- there's more joy in heaven over on sinner's rescued life than over ninety-nee good people in no need of rescue."

Our heavenly Father loves you and I so much and He is willing to do anything to save us! He is love, and it boggles my brain. I love the lyrics to the song "Reckless love"... "it chases me down, fights till I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine. I couldn't earn it, I don't deserve it, still you give yourself away. oh the overwhelming, never ending, reckless love of God." I pray that love envelopes you and fills you with awe and amazement. As you go through the month and even the year I hope you abide, walk, and dwell daily in God's wild love!

No comments: