Friday, February 23, 2018

Happy Easter Hybrid Project Life Layout by Shanna


Hello SRM friends, Shanna here today with a springtime Easter layout in anticipation of Easter 2018!   I am a Project Life/pocket page scrapbooker mainly, but here lately have been enjoying making hybrid layouts that combine a PL layout with a traditional 12x12 layout.  I am in love with the marriage of these two!  For me it's the best of both worlds, because sometimes there is a single picture or two that I really want to highlight, ESPECIALLY with holidays.  

I decided to "scrap ahead" and create a layout that will highlight this coming Easter's festivities.  I loved pulling all of the different elements together for these pages!  



 Here is a look at the traditional 12x12 scrapbook layout...I am really enjoying all of the layers! The doily added some visual contrast with all the squared edges going on in this layout as well.  Easy-peasy :)



For the traditional 12x12 layout I pulled stickers from the Year of Memories/2018 and Express Yourself/Easter stickers sets. 


I also used a mini calendar sticker and circled the date!  Such a fun way to journal the date!  I had fun creating bunny ears above my sticker sentiment with some pink jute twine that I unbraided for a single piece.  Hippity-Hop!


Next up, here is a closer look at the pocket page layout (Project Life format). I am a big matchy-matchy person....so the 2 layouts make my crafty heart happy! This layout pulls together the same sticker sets used in the traditional layout, so the coordinate perfectly!


I had a lot of fun embellishing the different cards..I discovered a new (at least to me!) technique to use my fabulous jute twine for....Rosettes!!!  All I did was spiral and twist a single strand of the jute around in a circle to make these whimsical little flowers!  


Here is a larger version of the jute rosette with a dainty yellow button for the center :) The Easter eggs sentiment comes from the Express Yourself/Easter stickers set as well! I also took a close up of the smaller one...I did a tighter spiral for the smaller ones, but the larger one lets the "ruffles" from unbraiding the jute totally shine! 


I also took a close up of the smaller one...I did a tighter spiral for the smaller ones, but the larger one lets the "ruffles" from unbraiding the jute totally shine! 


Another fun combo of  Express Yourself/Easter  and Year of Memories/2018 made for a quick and cute journaling card. A small piece of jute finished off this card nicely!



Supplies used:
Pink Jute Twine


Have you ever "scrapped ahead"?? 

Until next time...


No comments: