Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Lettering Technique with Bible Background Stamps by Karen


Hello!  Karen here today with some techniques and a video too! 


Today I'm sharing several ways I utilized SRM's Bible Backgrounds stamp set this week. My favorite technique was using the "amen" Bible background to dress up plain white letters. 

After cutting the letters from plain white cardstock in my die cut machine (you could use your white or light-colored stickers), I randomly stamped on top of them before removing them from the cutting mat. Next, I added a bit of marker wash to give them colors that coordinated with my faith planner layout for the week. 

To watch me complete this technique and to see a few more ideas using the Bible Backgrounds stamps, watch my process video below!



Here's a close-up of my letters in my planner.


For this project I used:

3 comments:

Debby Graf said...

Karen,

Can you tell me what brand of book your sermon notes are done in?

Debby

Karen Hunter said...

Hi Debbie - the notebook shown here is the 18-month agenda/planner from Illustrated Faith/Dayspring. In it I'm using an awesome set of stamps, "Sermon Notes" from SRM and "Bible Backgrounds" from SRM

Karen Hunter said...

My notes are taken in a traveler's journal insert (Mine is from Illustrated Faith, but they are widely available in a variety of styles - I've also made my own with scrapbook paper and regular unlined paper.) I keep a few inserts in a simple traveler's journal - I think mine is Recollections, available at Michael's.