Monday, September 11, 2017

Coffee for the Teacher Gift Idea by Shanna


 Hello SRM friends!  
This is Shanna here to show you a great back to school gift for your favorite teacher!  

Back to school is a stressful time for everyone, teachers especially.. How better to show your gratitude and appreciation for their time and dedication with our children than to brighten there day with a little caffeinated lovin'??


I am a huge coffee drinker, but realizing not everyone is as avid a java-junkie as I am, a gift card seemed the way to go for my son's teacher for the first day back to school so she could pick her favorite treat out... I started with asking my local coffee shop for a clean cup and lid to be used as packaging for the gift, and went from there.  The stamps in the Coffee Plans set are perfect for any coffee related craft, this one being no exception!  I stamped an array of coffee words and icons on my gift card holder that I had previously cut out on my Silhouette Cameo, and then heat embossed my main sentiment to give it a little bling and dimension.



I needed a tag, and loved grabbing a couple of the Scalloped Circle Punched Pieces and the Reminisce white gel pen for a chalkboard feel tag for the teacher. Added a dry embossed strip of coffee cups layered with a sticker from the Live/Life School stickers set.  Quick, simple, and ADORABLE!



After the gift card holder was complete it was time to package!  YAY!  I placed a red apple in the base of the cup with some tissue paper filler under it and topped the cup off with some Starbucks K-Cups for fun.  An apple for the teacher is tradition right?? My little guy sure does think so!



I love how quick this came together, and how much my little guy enjoyed writing a note to his teacher in the card!  I opted to tie a bow with some jute twine for my final touch and added the tag with the twine. My little guy loved giving this to his teacher the first week of school!  


What do you like to make teachers??  Let me know in the comments!  

Until next time...

Materials used:
Live/Life School stickers

 Silhouette Store file: 3d Gift Card Box

2 comments: