Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Polke Dot Bag/Card Holder by Angie


Hello!! Angie here again with a fun way to give a card!


 I wanted to use the black polka dot cotton bag instead of an envelope to hold my card.


I started with a scalloped circle punch out in a teal blue color and added a 'Love You' sticker to the center. To add some embellishment to the circle, I used the small flowers from the Just Believe stamp set. I stamped them with archival ink, watercolored them using the watercolor markers and pencils and then fussy cut them. Quick, easy and so cute!!


For my card, I used some bright pink cardstock from my stash and just trimmed it down so that it would fit inside of the bag. I used another scalloped circle punch out to tie the card and bag together. This time I used the larger flower and branches along with the butterflies from the Just Believe stamp set. I watercolored them as well and cut them out. The top of my card was looking a little plain, so I used a scalloped sticker stitch to fill in the space. I placed a best wishes clear sticker at the bottom to complete my card. 

What fun a fun way to give a card instead of the traditional envelope!

No comments: