Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Modern Wedding Favors with Heat Transfer Vinyl by Emma


Greetings, fellow crafty people!  Emma here today to share an awesome idea for wedding favors with a twist, of course using SRM supplies.

When my husband and I got married 14 years ago, Pinterest didn't exist (I know, the horror!)  So, this kind of inspiration for cool and modern wedding accessories only appeared in expensive bridal magazines.  At the time, although I longed to create something like that on the glossy pages, it seemed very out of reach.  Well, not any more!

SRM stocks these amazing fabric bags, which are perfect for all kinds of embellishments.  For this project, I'm using a cool metallic orange heat transfer vinyl.  


My wedding favors are going to contain tea bags, as I thought it was a fun theme.  I cut the vinyl with my Silhouette Cameo machine and applied it to the fabric bag.  The font I used was called 'Sign Painter', and the swirls were available in the Silhouette Design Space software.  (Remember to flip your design to a mirror image before cutting!  Otherwise the letters will be back-to-front when you apply the design..)


So, of course my wedding was a while ago now, but maybe one day I'll get to use some of these crafty ideas for one of our children's weddings.  It's certainly fun to create things and share them with you!

Happy crafting!

~~ Emma ~~

Supplies:
Metallic orange heat transfer vinyl
Silhouette Cameo / Design Space
Craft iron

SaveSave

1 comment:

Tiff said...

What a lovely idea for a favour.