Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Home Decor Vinyl by Christine


SRM's new spring colors of vinyl are great for cutting with electronic machines but sometimes you just need a nice background and need a simple cut.  They work great for that too!  Christine joining you today with a home deocr piece that I made for our newly redecorated master bedroom.


When I saw this pastel blue vinyl I knew it would be perfect to use in our Master Bedroom.  I picked up this undecroated frame at a big box store.  I measured and cut out a piece of the vinyl to fit in the center and then decorated it from there with more SRM goodies!


I wanted a soft romantic touch to the frame but still with a modern feel.  Enter burlap, lace, and vellum - perfect for creating that look!  The frame came with six clips to hang things from and although I could have removed some, I liked the look of six.  I knew I wanted to do two pictures so that left four open.  I attached the circle sticker from the Fancy Sentiments/Thinking of You set to white cardstock and cut that out to fill one clip.  I also added a small circle from the Fancy Sentiments/Love set to a tag for another clip.


Then came the last two clips which happen to be my favorite!  First I used 4" lace and ran it through a manual die cut machine to cut it into a heart.  I then added a smaller burlap heart on top of the lace.  I used titles from the We've Got Your Sticker Happy and We've Got Your Sticker Forever on top of vellum to add some big words to the frame.

What would you do with these beautiful new patterned vinyls?  


The colors are delicious! 



No comments: