Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Burlap Stocking with Lace by Shantaie


Hello!  Shantaie  joining you today with some holiday ideas. 

Decorating for the Holidays is a chore I truly love, I allow myself lots of time to put things up and enjoy the memories that each decoration brings me, I'm a lover of vintage meets modern, in my crafting, my decorating and my wardrobe. 

SRM Stickers Blog - Burlap Stocking with Lace by Shantaie - #christmas #stocking #burlap #vintage, #stickers #lace #shimmertwine #twine #altered #DIY

This burlap stocking is a lacey layered confection of vintage style but with a few modern twists. It was quick to put together and I could easily make enough for the whole family in a night, or make a few for a beautiful way to present a gift!

SRM Stickers Blog - Burlap Stocking with Lace by Shantaie - #christmas #stocking #burlap #vintage, #stickers #lace #shimmertwine #twine #altered #DIY

I added a glass glitter trim to the Holiday sticker sentiment, and cut my 2" lace ribbon into strips and tied it into a bow along with a fuzzy yarn and some seam binding for a wispy ribbon cluster. the chandelier tear drop is tied on with shimmer twine and that pom pom trim is from a bag of vintage trims I picked up at an estate sale.

This is the perfect way to use those little strips of trim you have in addition to the lace ribbon.I did sew the 4" lace around the entire cuff, and the other strips were layered on top in varying lengths, for an eclectic look. I think I may use this one on my front door in place of a wreath! Wouldn't that be pretty?! 

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Fikreta said...

this is lovely
have a nice day
>^.^<

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!