Friday, August 5, 2011

Wedding Wand by Tessa


Tessa Buys is the Queen of Wands. She's done some incredible things with our Tubes and Magic Wands. You can view many of her creations, HERE. Tessa went above and beyond with a beautifully adorned Wand using our brand new "Forever" Fancy Sentiments;



Tessa says; I *love* the silver/gray in the wedding stickers, which inspired my yellow/silver/gray color palette for this bouquet wand. First I bored a hole the width of a wand through a styrofoam ball. I then covered the ball with 40 handmade flowers. I filled a wand with pearl-like candies and added vintage pearl trim in a spiral around the portion of the wand that would not go inside the ball. I inserted the wand into the bouquet, then tied a ribbon around the base. I embellished with a pair of felt leaves and a tag featuring the new stickers. I could see this bouquet used at the pre-wedding practice, for a bridal shower, or even for a little flower girl. If you don't make your own flowers, this project would be a pretty quick one. I would love to try this again with fabric or silk flowers.







We're back on Monday with another Paper of the Week feature and giveaway! Have a great weekend.

7 comments:

Liz Weber said...

Tessa this is sooo beautiful and elegant and creative. Love the elegant colour scheme and love how you used those gorgeous stickers! TFS!

Deanna said...

Wow! that's just gorgeous! Beautiful work Tessa!

Deirdre said...

Oh wow, amazing work Tessa.

Susan said...

WOW, WOW, WOWSER! You are the Queen of all things tuubs & wands Tessa! Just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Amazing!!! This is gorgeous, I'm pinning it!

danni reid. said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Nathalie said...

This is amazingly beautiful!!!