Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A St. Patrick's Day Card Tutorial


Happy St. Patrick's Day! Welcome to another tutorial at SRM Stickers. Gina Hanson put together a sparkly and fun St. Patrick's day card using SRM Stickers and walks us through the steps. Here we go!





Here's what you'll need;

Bazzill Cardstock
Reminisce Patterned Paper, Lucky Me and Glitter Factory
Shamrock Button and Ribbon
SRM Stickers - Express Yourself, "St. Patrick's Day"




I started with a 5 x 5" card then trimmed 1 1/2" off the end of the front of the card. I took one of my patterned papers and trimmed to 3 1/4" x 4 3/4" and adhered to the front of my card.




I cut two different sizes of circles, making the black cardstock circle a tad bit bigger than the circle cut from another piece of patterned paper. I stitched the ribbon onto the patterned paper circle as shown. Before adhering to my card front, I distressed around the black cardstock.






Using two different sizes of heart shaped Spellbinder Nestabilities, I cut three of each size from two different papers to create the shamrock. I used foam dots to pop up the little hearts.



Lastly, I added a Shamrock button and SRM Sticker sentiment to finish off my card.




Now for a special treat from Helen, her beautiful St. Patrick's Day collage card!




I hope you enjoyed today's feature. Did you know that over there on our sidebar is a "Labels" section? You can click on any of the terms you see, to view everything we've posted about that topic, including our tutorials! Have a great St. Patrick's Day!


Gina, Helen, & Jenyfur


7 comments:

Molly said...

Darling, both of them!

~Molly

erinrwillis said...

CUTE cards!! I love the pleated ribbon on the first one, and the vintage look of the second one!!

BabyBokChoy said...

my goodness, that's what the big girls, real crafty peeps do!!! pinning the ribbon down before sewing, well, i'll be... LOL. awesome projects!!!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING st. patty's day card. gina!!
i love watching other people & their step-by-step creativity ~ SO fun. :)

and helen, your little man is super cute. great details & colours on your card. you always amaze...

Deirdre said...

Super cute, love the step by step. Great Card

Happy St Patrick's Day to you all from the Emerald Isle.

NinaB said...

Wow, Gina did a great job with this. I love the glittered leaves and the ruffled ribbon.

sanjeet said...

I love the pleated ribbon on the first one, and the vintage look of the second one!!
home jobs india