Monday, February 27, 2017

Mr. & Mrs. Congrats Card by Amber


Hello everyone! It's Amber here, today I'm sharing this Congratulations card I created with SRM's Wedding Plans Clear Planner StampChild of God Clear Stamp, and Quick Cards/Congrats sticker sheet. 


Weddings are always a happy event so instead of using the traditional all white and pastel color combo I used a bunch of bright bold colors. I had lots of fun creating this card. Below I have a quick tutorial on how to recreate the pink canvas flower I created for my card front.


Step 1. Cut a circle out of some white canvas or fabric.


Step 2. Cutting from the outside in cut your canvas circle into a spiral. Your spiral does not have to be cut perfectly. 


Step 3. Working from the outside in start to roll your canvas into a flower. In the beginning start with a tight roll, as you continue to roll your canvas into a flower loosen up the roll a bit. The tighter you roll your canvas the smaller your flower will be and the looser you roll your canvas the larger your flower will be.


Step 4. This is what your flower will look like when you are finished rolling it. I add a little drop of hot glue to the bottom to hold my flower together.


 
Before rolling your flower you can mist, paint, or distress your canvas or fabric. I misted my flower with some Tattered Angels Gerber Baseboard Mist and painted it with with some clear pink glitter paint. I also added three stamped leaves to the bottom of my flower. 


Once my flower was dry I added it to the bottom right of my stamped piece. For the stamped portion of my card I stamped a bunch of different words and images from the Wedding Plans Clear Planner Stamp and colored them with some Spectrum Noir Markers. I just lined all the words and images I wanted to use up on my stamp block and repeatedly stamped them onto some white cardstock. To finish my card I added a large Congrats sticker from the Quick Cards/Congrats sticker sheet and stamped three little hearts in black from the Child of God Clear Stamp set. 

SRM Sticker Supplies

No comments: