Need some inspiration for a perfect Christmas gift? Shelly Kurth has created a tutorial to teach you how to make a wonderful mini calendar using a magnetic picture frame, some stamps, ink, dies, burlap, card stock, seashells, twine and SRM's Mini Calendars.
Here are the contents.
And here are the step by step instructions.
1. Start with a Magnetic picture frame. If you want to change the color of the frame, you can spray paint it.
2. Take paper insert from frame and cut 12 pieces of white cardstock to the same size.
3. Ink up stamp and stamp in center of each cardstock piece creating 12 stamped pieces.
4. Take each piece of stamped cardstock and place under frame. Mark lightly with a pencil so you will know where to place your sticker.
5. Place stickers on cardstock pieces. Set aside.
6. Working with a piece of burlap, pull individual strings off of it.
7. Form burlap strings into a small bunch. Tie with another piece of burlap. Cut off ends of tie.
8. Cut the top of the burlap strings, for some to be shorter and some to be taller.
9. Take hot glue and place some on the frame, where you want your burlap bunch to be.
10. Add burlap bunch. Set aside.
11. Take leaf die and use with kraft cardstock.
12. Add seashells to frame using hot glue.
13. Now take a piece of twine and tie into a bow. Pull one side longer than the other and add to frame with hot glue.
15. Once everything is added to frame, turn over and place glass in frame. Add calendar cards and cover with the frames back piece.
And now you have a magnetic calendar with frame! What a fun and fabulous project! Thank you Shelly for all the inspiration. What a great gift to make for a teacher or some of your co-workers.
Need more calendar inspiration? Check out all of the mini calendars that our design team has created over the years HERE.