Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Quick Cards, Made Quicker


Hello! I hope you're enjoying our blog and gathering ideas for your own paper crafting. We're having a lot of fun bringing daily projects to you, using SRM Stickers. Did I mention that we're crazy for stickers?! Have you visited our online store yet? If you have, please tell us what you purchased and what you plan to do with it - we'd love to hear!







I have a tutorial for you today, using several SRM Stickers from various sticker sets. My sister, LuLu, loves to make cards...but, she likes 'em super quick & easy. I decorated and filled this little magnetic tin for her to use when card making. I filled it with layered card sentiments, just waiting to be attached to a card. She can pop open the tin, grab a coordinating sentiment, and she's good to go!

I started by cutting a 1" strip of patterned paper and adhering it to my tin. I then wrapped it with ribbon, tied a bow, and placed mini glue dots under the ribbon to keep it in place.





I used two different scalloped circle punches along with my 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" circle punches.





I placed my SRM circle stickers onto white cardstock, punched them out, adhered them to a black larger circle, then attached them to scalloped circles using foam dots.





I stacked them inside of the magnetic tin.





Of course I had to make an accompanying card!





I trimmed a piece of chocolate cardstock to 4x8", scored, and folded in half. I cut a 3 3/4" of patterned paper and rounded the edges. I punched two scalloped ovals, and embossed the smaller one. A SRM Sticker greeting was adhered to a piece of patterned paper and trimmed. I gathered coordinating ribbon and gems.








I'll be back tomorrow with a peek at what's in store for March. We have a themed month ahead with GOBS of projects for you. The Designers are hard at work! Until tomorrow...


jenyfur


23 comments:

beckyjune said...

What a fun idea, Jen!I think I just might do that with some of my stickers, too.

And, I don't know that what we do could be called WORK- it's so fun to HAVE to play with these stickers.

NinaB said...

What a great idea, Jenyfur. What punches did you use? I can't wait to try this.

Alice said...

wow! you ROCK Jenyfur!! LOVE this project, that colors are too yummy! thanks for sharing!

Deirdre said...

Jenyfur, that is just such a FANTASTIC idea. Great project. Thanks so much for sharing.

Gina said...

Great idea for the PREFECT person who loves to create but just doesn't have ALOT of time to do it! Awesome!!! :)

Bonita Rose said...

this is simply wonderful! Love this project! You rock gf.. .this is brilliant! LOVE LOVE!

Amanda Profumo said...

OH! So super duper cute! I love this idea! Absolutely darling!

Tanis said...

What a SUPER COOL GIFT!
Love that :)

Deana said...

That is just way too cute & such a great gift idea! :-)

Dolores said...

what a great idea, awesome card too

Steph Ackerman said...

What a fabulous idea Jen. Everything is then ready to go. Love your card too.

Jan said...

Fabulous......I absolutely love this idea!!! What paper line did you use?

Susan said...

Jenyfur...you amaze and inspire me every day! Fantastic project. Love what you have done and your sister will be thrilled!

Unknown said...

This is be-au-ti-ful Jenyfur! And such a brilliant idea!

Amy Heller said...

ABSOLUTELY A-DOR-A_BLE!!! LOve this idea!! Great job, Jen!

BabyBokChoy said...

Neat neat lovely idea!!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Wow just amazing projects on this blog you and the Dt are good at enabling I can't wait to try these stickers!!!

Raechelle Bellus said...

oh my gosh is this ever cute! I wish you were my sister. lol

Unknown said...

As always a wonderful project Jenyfur! You are really amazing girl! :)

Anonymous said...

love this idea!! must file it away for future gift-giving. ;)
the entire package is just awesome ~ lulu's gonna love it!!

Tracey said...

LOVE your gift to your sister!!! Even thogh I love to make "layered" cards....I would LOVE to recieive this as a gift!!!!

Steph Zerbe said...

Oh this is such a cool combo of colors, stickers and gifts! Love the matching tin filled with handmade tags. Brilliant!
Love the mini tutorial pics too!!
So easy!

Unknown said...

I loved seeing you on Cool2Craft today, Susan! The button eggs are a very cute project!!