Friday, April 28, 2017

Hello Spring Layout by Karen


Hello!  Karen here today to share a special layout.

I love spring! The buds and blooms and return of little critters make for awesome photos. You know what else I love? Combining all kinds of SRM goodies in a layout with those photos! My daughter found this little friend while out playing in the garden a couple years ago and of course I wanted to document the experience.


This layout includes lots of Sticker Stitches throughout. I also grabbed pieces from various sheets - like the white flowers from a Thank You themed set, the "be happy" sentiment from a pastel borders set, and the sticker sentiment layered over the top photo from a school themed set. 


Even though my set of mini monthly calendar stickers is from 2017, I still used it to mark the date on these 2015 photos.  I put my sticker on top of a 3 x 4 card from my stash and circled the specific date of the photos. I wrote the year off to the side. This makes a great large embellishment as well as a creative way to document the date of my layout photos. Thinking outside of the box with your stash of stickers really multiplies the size of your stash!


Another great way of adding layers is with the little doilies. I used some watered down acrylic pink paint to coordinate them to my layout and then layered them behind my photos and date card. The way they curl up slightly from the paint adds a fun dimension to the layout, too.

Don't limit yourself to use themed stickers for their original purpose. Many have multiple uses and can be used in all sorts of fun ways on a layout, cards, or other project. How will you use yours?

For this layout, I used:

Thanks for dropping by!  Come see us again soon.

No comments: