Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Let it Snow by Shannon


It's been a strange winter leading up to the new year.
Snow seems to be missing this year (well, for most of us). I created this project using SRM goodies, in hopes that snow will fall and create some winter magic.

I purchased some frames from an online discount site, they sat on my shelves waiting for me to pick them up and create something. 


Finally, inspiration came!  First I painted the frame.  Once it was painted and dried, I set it aside. I then took a Medium Muslin Bag and cut it into two pieces. I did the same with a SRM Burlap Bag. I adhered those to the frame backing, to provide a base for my decoration.

I used white card stock to create the "hills" I simply traced around a plate and free handed them. Using Jane's Doodles "Warm Wishes", I stamped and colored snowmen, snowflakes, stars and trees. to set the snowy scene, I placed the stamped images throughout the hills.



I added "let it snow" to the image using Winter Sentiment stickers. I tied some twine around the top and added a few sequins before popping it back into the frame. It's ready to go! 

In this case, it went to a good home as a Christmas present to my Auntie Claudia and Uncle Pete. 


Here's a close up of the Jane's Doodles!


Thanks for letting me share with you! Happy 2016! Here's to the year ahead! 



1 comment:

None None said...

Super cute!! love the snow scene since it is definitely lacking around these parts!!