Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Guest Designer; Nina Brackett



I'm a Filipino-American who now calls beautiful Croatia home, which I share with my wonderful husband and 3 girly girls. I was delighted to discover that my love for paper crafting could extend beyond card making into product design a few years ago. I have had the awesome privilege to work with some amazing companies as an illustrator/designer. I currently work as a product designer for Penny Black, Inc., The Craft's Meow, Want2Scrap, and Spellbinder Paper Arts, where I have my own licensed die designs. I have also been honored to have my work published in several leading craft magazines. I am drawn to the soft, feminine and vintage style, but with simplicity in mind. I call my style “simple shabby". I regularly share my artwork and news about my designs and Croatian life on my blog, Crafting in Croatia.

A Word about SRM: I was introduced to SRM Stickers in 2010 when I applied for their DT position and was surprised to have been selected. It has been a wonderful few years getting to play with the BEST stickers in the industry. I especially love the Fancy Sticker Sentiment collection, the We've Got Your Sticker collection (especially the sentiments in white) and the new We've Got Your Border collections (I can't get enough of those cute banners and sentiments). As a busy mom of 3, I do not usually spend more than 30 minutes on a card. And the SRM stickers sure help me make something fast without sacrificing quality.

I am so thankful that I have made such wonderful friendships through my work with SRM. Knowing the wonderful people behind this amazing company makes SRM products even more special to and loved by me. I want to thank the SRM family (Susan, John, Laura, Jenyfur, and the many others behind the scenes) for making my world more colorful, one sticker at a time. :)










WOW. What an amazing collection of cards. Thank you, Nina!

15 comments:

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

All the cards are so very pretty!!

~amy~ said...

LOVE Nina's style...gorgeous cards!

Clare said...

WOW gorgeous!! I love Nina's style!

Annette Allen said...

wow these are all so gorgeous...such lovely designs...Nina is so creative and fun..

Jingle said...

Wow! So many gorgeous cards!!!

Deana said...

Always love your work, Nina! :-)

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely AMAZING!! Love each one of them! Nina truly showcased the SRM Stickers beautifully!

Alice Pace said...

Adorable Cards Nina, SRM is lucky to have you!

Susan said...

Amen to your comment Alice. We are very lucky to have Nina as a friend and fan and former design team member.

Carolyn King said...

BEAUTIFUL cards Nina!!

~jan said...

I adore Nina's fabulous colorful style! Thanks for joining us on the blog!

joy said...

Oh man! Love the bright happy colors. Each one just makes me smile!

Liz Weber said...

I adore your cards Nina, always love what you create and how you create it, your work with the srm stickers is delightful! Thanks so much for the inspiration.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Nina!! we love your projects and energy!! Always great to see your SRM work to inspire me!

Unknown said...

Nina can make cards out of just about anything! I've always admired her style. She uses sticker elements with such perfection.