Monday, March 26, 2018

Watercolor Spring Bouquet Card by Emma


Hello there!  Emma here today to share a sweet and easy Spring card using SRM supplies.

After a long hard winter here in southern Ontario, I'm sure I'm not alone in looking forward to Spring!  (As I'm typing this, it's actually snowing outside again, so yes, REALLY would like to see the end of that as soon as possible..)


So to start this card, I stamped some flowers onto watercolor paper from the SRM "Just Believe" stamp set.  As some stamping ink reacts with water, I recommend a waterproof ink such as Versafine or Ranger Archival.  I wanted to use a colored ink, so for this I used "Warm Sunshine" crisp ink by Altenew.


To color the flowers, I used the Watercolor Twist pencils by Marvy, and a waterbrush.  It makes it so easy to get a nice soft watercolor effect.


Once this was dry, I fussy-cut the flowers out of the paper and set aside.  I adhered a couple of pieces of co-ordinating patterned paper on a white card base, then used a Kraft embossed paper bag.

Inside the top of the bag, I cut freehand some green 'leaves' and arranged them.  I then adhered my watercolor flowers on top of the leaves to make a Spring bouquet!  I tied some jute string around the bag for an extra fun element.

As finishing touches, I added 'Hooray!' from Sticker Sentiments "Thinking of You" and 'Spring' from Express Yourself "Easter" stickers.


So there you have it, a very cute card to send to a friend who is happy that Spring is here (or almost..)!
Happy crafting,

~~ Emma ~~


Supplies:
White watercolor paper
White cardstock
Green cardstock
Patterned paper
Glue dots / liquid adhesive


No comments: