Thursday, March 8, 2018

Textile Foil Tank Top by Samantha


Hello! Samantha here today, and I'm so excited to be sharing my latest obsession with you: DIY t-shirts. SRM released a lot of new heat transfer material (including foil and glitter) last month and I am having so much fun creating with it. Today I have this textile foil tank top to share.


If you have a digital die cutting machine (like a Cricut or a Silhouette Cameo) the possibilities are endless! Since I coach my son's baseball team, I went with RV (the abbreviation our city) and Baseball, but Baseball Mom would be really cute, too!


The textile foil is a 2 step process. First, you heat apply your image to your shirt with Easy Weed Adhesive, which gives you a clear glue print of your image on your shirt. Second, you heat apply your Textile Foil in one of 18 colors over your adhesive image. 


 Textile foil not only gives your image a cool metallic shine, but also a flecked vintage look. I can't wait to rock this shirt come baseball season! 
What sport do you need a custom shirt for?

1 comment:

Kelly Sasman said...

I just got a Cameo 3 and am loving it. I will definitely have to give foil a try! Thanks for the inspiration.