Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Trick or Treat Mason Jar Lantern by Emma


Hello crafty friends!  Emma here to wish you all a happy Fall!  Of course it is sad to say goodbye to Summer, but Fall is definitely my favourite season.

Today I'd like to share an easy project you can make with an empty Mason jar, and a few supplies from the SRM Store.


 Here, in addition to my Mason jar, I have some black vinylorange jute twineblack and orange striped paper bagsorange scalloped circle, burlap ribbon, ink spray and a battery operated votive candle.


 First, I sprayed the inside of my empty jar with some purple alcohol ink.  You could also use other colours, or leave the glass clear if you like.  I set the ink using a heat gun, and I love the gnarly look it takes on.


 Using the SRM black vinyl, I cut the phrase 'Trick or Treat' using my Silhouette Cameo, and adhered it to the jar.  I advise using transfer tape with vinyl lettering when applying to other surfaces; it saves a lot of time and heartache!


Next, I used the orange striped paper bag to decorate the top of the lid.  The black striped bag was used on the side of the lid, and I then added the orange twine wrapped around several times.


 After placing an orange scalloped paper circle in the bottom of the jar, I then put in the battery powered votive candle.  A Fall leaf from an old wreath sets off the lantern perfectly.


 So there you have a finished lantern all ready to use in your Halloween decorations!  You could easily make several with different phrases or other colours on the glass.

Thanks so much for joining me today, and happy crafting!
Emma 

No comments: