Thursday, September 11, 2014

Calendar Home Decor by Shery


Hello! Shery Russ here to share a project featuring the fun Decorative Mini Calendar Stickers. I recycled some wood and created functional home decor: a key hook rack. It's great not just for keeping keys, but for storing or organizing craft supplies that come in hang hole cello bags and even ribbons and twine.

SRM Stickers Blog - Calendar Rack Decor by Shery - #calendar #mini #sticker #2015 #decor #altered

This hook rack is 12" wide, 3" tall, and 3/4" thick. I sanded it first before decoupaging K & Company designer paper with Liquitex gel medium. I colored the edges with Prismacolor markers then sealed it with Minwax water based polyurethane. When it was dry, I added the hooks and chain (bought from The Home Depot), as well as adhered craft foam to the back.

SRM Stickers Blog - Calendar Rack Decor by Shery - #calendar #mini #sticker #2015 #decor #altered

Next, I adhered SRM's Decorative 2015 Mini Calendar Stickers on textured cardstock and trimmed. I found several packs of 3" by 4" top loaders (for protecting trading cards) in my stash and I thought they'd be perfect for holding the calendars so I cut two of those down to size and glued them to either side. I adhered a couple of '15 stickers from the Year of Memories 2015 onto those as well. I decorated the middle of the hook rack with some Black Sticker Stitches and one of the sentiments in the Express Yourself Everyday sheet. And it's done!

SRM Stickers Blog - Calendar Rack Decor by Shery - #calendar #mini #sticker #2015 #decor #altered

Here are the stickers I used in my project.  




Mini calendar stickers from SRM Stickers are so fun to use! Hope my project has inspired you to create something with these cool stickers. 2015 is just around the corner :o)


1 comment:

Virginia L. said...

Wow, how awesome is this! Adore this calendar hanger decor from Shery!