Monday, May 14, 2018

Vinyl Bible Cover by Christine


Hi there SRM Fans! Christine joining you today with a an idea for how to cover your Bible! I recently picked up a Bible with just a thick cardstock cover on it.  It doesn't quite fit into a fabric cover but I knew that I wanted to do something to make it a little more sturdy.  As I considered my options I decided some vinyl would be a great way to personalize it and strengthen it!


I took a very traditional approach to covering this, pretty similar to how you cover school books.  I did cover just the front and just the back.  Then I added on the binding in the gold vinyl. Next it was time to decorate, I contemplated adding flowers, lots of crosses, and all sorts of other artistic items.


I opted to add a quote to my cover.  After digging thru my options I chose this one from Jillibean Soup and cut it out in the gold vinyl.  Then I used transfer tape to transfer it onto the cover.  I also cut out a cross with a metal die. As you can see the binding coordinates perfectly with the quote!  

All in this probably took me just under 30 minutes - the actual covering was quick and easy!  Adding the quote required a little more time so that I didn't mess it up!  

One thing that I like about this is that I can easily change it out later by just adding a new cover. If you've got a Bible that could use a new cover or a stronger cover, why not give vinyl a try?  

No comments: