Thursday, May 24, 2018

Hello Spring by Karen


Hello Karen joining you today.  As I write this blog post, I'm still on the look-out for spring. Winter does not want to let go quite yet. Even though spring may not have arrived on the outside, this brightly painted spring sign certainly warms up the inside and helps me "think spring."


I used a scrap piece of wood, lightly sanded for this sign. I grabbed several of my brightly colored acrylic paints and "messily" painted the board so that all the colors could be seen. After designing and sizing "Hello SPRING" in my electronic die cutting software, I cut the letters in vinyl and applied them to my (dry) sign. 
Next, I layered a cream colored paint on top of my board and the applied vinyl. I like to peel my vinyl off before the paint is quite dry. I love the variation of bright colors revealed underneath the vinyl as I peeled it off.


To finish off my sign I added some spring colored twine and a trio of buttons. Simple eye hooks and more twine made it the perfect sign to hang in a sunny spot in my home. 
Come on, spring!

For this project I used:
wood board | acrylic paints | Oracal 651 vinyl | SRM spring jute twine | buttons | eye hooks
SaveSave

No comments: