Friday, December 22, 2017

Using Vinyl in Bible Journaling


Hello! Samantha with you to share some Christmas Bible journaling. To create this page I decided to do something I've been wondering about for a long time: using vinyl in Bible journaling. 


 For this page I used black vinyl, silver vinyl, Reminisce white gel pen, Marvy gold paint pen, 3 different shades of blue ink, and a Silhouette Cameo (or a way to cut vinyl).


 I started this page by sponging on shades of blue ink for the background. Then, I cut out the city of Bethlehem from black vinyl. Since it's one large piece, I just peeled it off and stuck it on the bottom of the page like I would a sticker. 

Next, I cut the words "Oh little town of Bethlehem" out of silver metallic vinyl. Because these were much smaller pieces, I used transfer tape to move the whole phrase onto my page. I wasn't sure if the transfer tape would stick too much to the Bible page (since it's so thin), but it didn't. Go right ahead and use vinyl and transfer tape in your Bible, just move slowly!


I finished up my page by using the white gel pen to add lots of little stars and the Gold paint pen to add one big star.  


I'm really excited that I finally tried using vinyl in Bible journaling, and that it turned out so well. This adds endless new possibilities for creating! 

1 comment:

Sallie said...

what cartridge did you use for your lettering...scripture is in Matthew ??
thanks for your help on Pinterest..