Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Spring-Inspired Mini Card Set by Tobi


Hi there! It's Tobi Crawford here with some pretty Spring-inspired cards. I know that it's Valentine's Day but what says love more than sweet flowers?
Before you know it the flowers will be blooming and the world will look green and fresh again. My entire colour-scheme is based on the patterned papers I chose, and the design/layout was inspired by a card on Pinterest! I take inspiration from where I can, because on these cold winter days the mojo isn't always flowing like it should ;)


Every card is a little different as I mixed and matched the greenery and flower sizes. When I am mass-producing or making a set like these guys, I don't like to make them exactly the same because I get bored easily... Lol.. VERY easily. So making small adjustments and changes keeps it fresh. 



I played around with the die cut flowers too. Sometime the small pieces were inlaid, and sometimes I put them on top for a raised effect... 


I also added the foiled die cut for a little "pop." Initially I didn't have it on the card but I felt it needed something. I think the metallic element is a nice texture-change as well.  The the white sentiments?  They are from SRM.  There's always a perfect choice!  For this project I used the We've Got Your Sticker Thanks.