Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Blessed Bible Journaling by Christine


Have you tried out Bible Journaling yet? Many people journal right in their bible but I choose to be inspired by the bible to create faith based artwork.  Hope you enjoy it! 

 Christine joining you today to share a new Bible inspired piece using the newest stamps from SRM! At the end of a long, challenging week - sitting down with some watercolor paints, my Bible, and beautiful stamps was just what my heart needed.  Here's what I created to share with you:


I used the new BIG Faith Stamps to create my row of "Blessed" words.  


I used nine as a base to journal in the part of scripture called the Beattitudes from Matthew 5.  Each phrase begins with "Blessed" in the verses and I thought it would be neat to do those.


I created my background using watercolors.  That was a first for me!  I got some watercolor paper and then just started painting circles and overlapping them.  


After I added in all the writing/word stamping that I wanted on it I used the cross stamp from Words of Faith stamp set and added some of those.  


I then doodled some circles and actually decided to fill in the crosses to give it a bold punch! I love that the cross is open so you have the option to add designs or doodles to it!  I'm going to be hanging this up just above my scrapbooking desk as a regular reminder for myself!