Saturday, February 14, 2015

Love Me Card Tutorial by Cassonda


Hi everyone from Cassonda! I'm here for a special Saturday blog post for Valentine's Day, my most favorite day of the year so I'm sharing a fun Valentine's Day card with you today. I love finding a new use for old supplies. Brings back memories and makes my art extra special. Let's get started….

SRM Stickers Blog - Love Me Card by Cassonda - #valentines #card #doilies #stickers

I wanted to create a card that flipped open and revealed a surprise inside. I started by attaching a piece of pattern paper to the top of the card with some stitching. A quick way to make sure it stays attached. The front is adorned with all kinds of fun stuff....more stitching, ribbon, twine, flowers, felt, punched hearts, part of a SRM 4" white doily....see those cute banners? Those were made by cutting the strip off the pattern paper. You know the piece you would normally throw away? Keep them...almost all of them have some kind of wording that can be used again and again. For this card I cut the Loved from a Fancy Pants strip and the Love Me from a My Minds Eye strip and made them 
into a banner shape.

SRM Stickers Blog - Love Me Card by Cassonda - #valentines #card #doilies #stickers

Here's a look at the front flap opened up a little bit. The last part was to add some colorful valentine seed beads to the scallops. I applied some wet glue along the scallops and poured the seed beads on top. Then I walked away and left it overnight to dry. The next day I tapped off the excess beads and this is what it looked like. So pretty...and just what I was wanting.

SRM Stickers Blog - Love Me Card by Cassonda - #valentines #card #doilies #stickers

And finally to add my message! Open up the top flap and here's what you see. These clear stickers from SRM's Stickers by the Dozen 
Valentine are just what I needed. I love that they can be placed anywhere. I also embellished the bottom half with some pattern paper for a pocket, an arrow sticker and some hearts. Slip a gift card into the pocket and my card is done. 

SRM Stickers Blog - Love Me Card by Cassonda - #valentines #card #doilies #stickers

I hope you enjoyed looking at this card and will make something similar of your own for any time of year. It's really easy! Pull out your older supplies and get creative.

 Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!