Monday, August 25, 2014

Birthday Bird House Tube by Shantaie


Hello from Shantaie Fowler!  Are you a fan of SRM clear Tubes like I am?  I have used them for party favors, gifts, and ornaments. There are so many ways to use them!  You start with an empty tube, a perfect palette for crafting and the possibilities are endless!


When Susan challenged us to use Tubes in a new way I start dreaming up all kinds of things! I decided to  build a birdhouse and I think it worked out pretty well! I filled the Standard 7" Tube with sunflower seeds and added a fun sticker sentiment from the We've Got Your Sticker Plus/Birdie.

SRM Stickers Blog - Birthday Bird House Tube by Shantaie - #tube #altered #birthday #stickers #fancy #mixed media #favors #twine #silhouette

This birdhouse was cut using the Silhouette in shades that hold onto to summer and quietly beckons fall! To make this adorable bird I put the Birdie Sticker on white cardstock and trimmed around it, I added a bitty party hat from a patterned paper and coated the bird with glossy accents and sprinkled it with clear glitter.  The banner was also cut from patterned paper and tied to the roof with Marigold Twinery Twine, then added a Fancy Birthday Sticker Sentiment

SRM Stickers Blog - Birthday Bird House Tube by Shantaie - #tube #altered #birthday #stickers #fancy #mixed media #favors #twine #silhouette

I hope the next time you need a little Birthday something you will give this a try!

1 comment:

Anita said...

This is so cool, love it.