Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mini Album by Amy


Amy Duff had a great idea to use our Year of Memories 2013 sticker sheet for a mini album to document a week of her life. Amy says, "The days fly by and sometimes I forget what I did if it weren't for receipts and a paper calendar. I hope to store a few items from my week by tucking them in under the pattern papers and add a little journaling to highlight each day. Even if I don't capture a photo, I think this mini will be neat to showcase a paper trail of odds and ends. My kids give me small trinkets all the time. Always a delight to see what they have for me, well most of the time. I generally come home with rocks, flowers, tiny pieces from a sticker, a single bead, and if lucky, a hand drawn note. Wish there was a way to capture their hugs. I plan to include quite a few items from them since I spend a better part of my week with these darlings."


Amy painted the chipboard covers and distressed. She used patterned paper and included a few acrylic pieces. The aqua doily was sent to Amy from a friend and she wanted to include it in her keepsake album.








What a great idea to memorialize a week of your life! Thank you Amy!

6 comments:

LisaM said...

Beautiful mini!

Diane Standish(crazeedi) said...

what a great idea!

Christine said...

Fun idea Amy! Love all your embellishing!

Ann said...

What a lovely mini! Super idea to keep little bits to capture your week.

Carolyn King said...

What a beautiful mini album--the details are fabulous!

Allie Gower said...

I always love ideas for sharing memories.