Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Baby Calendar by Valerie


Valerie Mangan created a calendar for a friend, a true keepsake to celebrate her baby boy. Valerie says, "When I had my first child I knew I wanted to start scrapbooking. I wanted to keep all the memories but was overwhelmed by all of the product & techniques. My calendar is a combination of a first year calendar/mini album. I like to make projects like these for new moms who might feel overwhelmed at the prospect of launching into a full-blown scrapbook. The calendar offers a place to record a years worth of memories in a manageable, non-intimidating format. The calendar could even be taken apart and incorporated into a larger book.

This particular album is for a friend expecting her first son in November. (SRM Keepsake Calendars and companion stickers make if very easy to format the calendar exactly the way you want it!) I embellished my cover with a collection of boy-themed papers that worked perfectly with SRM Sticker Sentiments and We've Got Your Border -Baby Boy stickers. I trimmed out the pennant sticker so I could bend it into the shape I wanted.

I wanted the calendar to have a clean, graphic feel so each month features a big die cut number to mark the baby's age. I added a stamped & heat embossed Polaroid frame as a home for a little photo of the baby from that month. It's tacked (so the photo can be tucked in behind) on top of a little pocket that contains a blank tag for jotting down milestones or anything the new mom wants to remember for that matter. The pocket could even hold additional small photos from that month."










Our high quality calendars are made with sturdy cardstock, availalbe in different sizes, and ready to purchase, HERE!

4 comments:

~jan said...

This calendar is an amazing keepsake for your friend, Val! I love the bold, yet soft look of each page.

~amy~ said...

Val rocks...such an awesome giftie!

Debbie said...

Beautiful calendar!

Carolyn King said...

I love this totally amazing gift. It is so beautifully embellished and ready to add pics. What a precious gift!