Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Short Cut Mini Cards


Hello! I have a little tutorial for you today. I love making mini cards and lately tall minis are my thing. They are close to being scraplings, but with a lot more workable space. One of my favorite Cosmo Cricket collections, "Earth Love", was perfect for my minis - there are so many soothing patterns to choose from, including a sheet of fun cloud shapes.




What you'll need;

two 3 1/4" x 12" strips of cardstock, scored and folded in half
a 6 x 5 3/4" piece of patterned paper
a 6 x 3 1/4" piece of patterned paper
a 6" strip of fringed paper
die cut shapes or trimmed images (I used clouds)
coordinating ribbon

SRM Quick Card Sticker, "{Hello}" (#52006);







I adhered my smaller patterned paper piece to the bottom of the larger one then attached my paper fringe strip at the seam. I added my cloud shapes to the top portion.




The paper frings is super easy. I learned this quick and fun technique from my friend, Stacey Michaud a few years ago and I frequently use it. I used a clear grid ruler and paper piercer to punch holes 1/4" apart then cut the slits using small scissors. I used a pencil to bend and flip them up a bit.




So, here's where the short cut comes into play. I created a large card panel then simply cut it in half. I had to measure and adhere my card elements only once!




I wrapped my card panels with ribbon and placed my SRM Sticker greeting toward the bottom, using the bottom edge as a guide. I then adhered my card panels to my card bases and I was good to go.




Thanks for stopping by! If you give this format a try using SRM Stickers, shoot an email to me with pics -- I'd love to showcase it here on the SRM Blog!

Ready for our Cosmo Cricket DeLovely Blog Hop winners? Sure you are! We chose a random winner to receive a CC DeLovely Crafting Kit and SRM Prize Package:

Lillian Child

Our Card Sketch Challenge winner, also receiving a CC Crafting Kit and SRM Prize Package, is:

Smilyn Stef




Ladies, please email me with your postal addresses! Have a great day, stay tuned for more - we're here all week!

jenyfur

12 comments:

Deirdre said...

Jenyfur, love the tall minis - super idea. Thanks for sharing the step by step too. Congrats to the winners.

Anonymous said...

these are sweet, jenyfur. i love 'em!!
and congrats to lillian and smilyn stef. such a GREAT card ~ i love all the cheerful patterns, so perfect for the sketch. way to go!!

Karen B. said...

Love the cards and tutorial today. Great tips enclosed.

erinrwillis said...

Man, these are some CUTE cards!!

Virginia L. said...

GREAT mini tutorial! Love this! Thanks for the inspiration! Thanks alos for stopping by my blog a little while ago!

{VICKI} said...

thanks for the tutorial

Joaniebolognie said...

Adorable cards!!!! OMG....I love your stickers....am off to place an order!~!!! They are perfect for cards!!!!!

Agata said...

Love those tall cards! And your short cut!!! Congrats to the winners!

Manhattan Mandie said...

Great idea for the mini cards! Very clever and a great way to save time!

SmilynStef said...

Woo hoo ... can't wait to get my hands on those goodies. Thanks so much.

Kathy said...

Love this set Jenyfur..you are a master at these and I just love the tip you gave! Congrats to Stef

Lillian Child said...

Thank you so VERY much - I've sent the email to Jenyfur and am now stalking my mailman daily! Can't wait to get my hands on this awesome prize package! Thanks again for this fabulous giveaway!